Tuesday 14 October 2008

Making It Up As You Go Along



Making it up as you go along’ might not sound the most robust business strategy but believe me – it works.

I had lunch with a new contact last week and she asked what my long term plan was. And my long term plan is actually about not having a plan. It’s about being open minded and totally flexible about where my business and life might take me. Sure, I have a bunch of (big) goals, both personally and professionally for the next 6/12 months and I’m confident of achieving (most of) them but I don’t have a detailed plan, a well plotted out methodology for getting there. Because in this ever-changing world, there is just no point having a rigid plan. I remain focused on success; focused on projects and goals. Beyond that, I am making it up as I go along…

No comments: