Wednesday 22 October 2008

I'm a (Project) addict

I confess. I'm a Project Addict.

Everything I touch is a project, and I can't get enough of 'em.

So much of what I do is diverse with different shaped assignments and different roles for similarly different shaped clients, it's good to have some consistency. That consistency is uniting all I do as A Project.

I love that concrete criteria that defines a project: projects have a start, an end, a client, some goals.

I've just delivered two – very different – projects.

One, a 9 month project from conception to birth. The creation of a global brochure dealing with multiple client contacts in multiple territories, different languages, different cultural and industry considerations. Dealing with an ad agency, designers, copywriters. Lots of multiplicity with a common goal. My job – turning that idea into a hard copy set of brochures. Done.

Another, an assignment for a media company. Much more rapid a project. One month for me to soak up the DNA of the client, talking to key staff, management and their customers. And then standing back, coming up with a bunch of ideas, a blueprint for change.

Both very different shaped projects, where I added value in different ways. But tangible projects. And I apply the same criteria, whether a one-off or a big one.

Now it's time to dive into the next one(s); no time to draw breath....

No comments: