Monday 25 August 2008

The Importance Of Luck

In my first book 'Leap!' I talk about the importance of luck in business. There’s lots of ways luck can help you achieve your goals. I talked about the example of when you’re early for a train, grab a copy of a magazine you wouldn’t normally pick up and find THE article that has enormous value to your business or will earn you kudos with your client. It’s happened to me a few times.

This week I got an email from a reader of the book who has decided to quit his job to set up a new business; the book had given him the confidence that he is on the right rack and has the right attitude to make it work.

“I have just read the section on ‘Luck’ and we recently just happened to stop for a coffee in Portobello market, and started looking through the various papers on the table. I noticed an article about a couple who had done exactly what we plan to do and become very successful. They highlighted the hard work involved, which we are fully aware of & ready for. This article couldn't have come at a more poignant time in our planning”

As a result of seeing that article by pure chance, my reader emailed the couple from the article and they are meeting up in September. Just by chance, he’s met some people who might be very useful to his business.

Try and be lucky this week....

No comments: