Sunday 17 August 2008

Deadlines, And What To Do About Them


'11 days'


I like deadlines. Where would we be without a deadline? Unfinished & undelivered. Or with products and projects that would never see the light of day.

When I realised I had just 11 days between now and the submission date for my next book, I knew I needed to take some drastic action.

What could I do in my schedule to create a focus to spend some time on the book? A focus free of business and family distractions in an environment to stimulate and inspire?

Answer = a trip away. I started the book in Nice, France and will finish it in the city of Amsterdam. I have always had a love affair with Amsterdam, I think it is beautiful, the canals and the architecture always inspire.

I leave Tuesday, with a mission: To mould 37,730 words into a masterpiece.

No comments: